One of Boston’s best regional orchestras – New Philharmonia, a fully vaccinated ensemble, generally hold their orchestra auditions in the early fall. The rich repertoire for brass including Brahms, Tchaikovsky and Williams we often program will make for wonderful music making! Positions are available for all brass instruments (including co-principal positions), as well as substitute positions for all strings and winds.
About the Auditions:
- Auditions are in the fall, by appointment only.
- The audition process will include excerpts from two solo works showing both slow and fast styles of playing as well as sight-reading at the direction of the conductor.
- Please click here to fill out an application and email your resume.
- We will be in touch with information once we have received both your application and resume.
About the Season:
- Rehearsals are generally held weekly from September through May, on Sunday evenings, 7 – 10 p.m. There are occasional Monday and other mid-week rehearsals.
- New Phil is in the final stages of confirming venue and programs for our upcoming season.
About the New Phil:
The New Philharmonia Orchestra is a non-professional community orchestra, founded in 1995. “Music of, by and for the people” [The Boston Globe] encapsulates the spirit of the organization as they continue to bring a diverse repertoire of classical and light classical music for the enjoyment of audiences of all ages and experiences in the Greater Boston area, while also providing its non-professional players the opportunity to achieve a high level of ensemble performance not otherwise available.