- Auditions are September 10-12, by appointment only.
- The audition process will include excerpts from two solo works showing both slow and fast styles of playing as well as sight-reading at the direction of the conductor.
- Please click here to fill out an application and email your resume.
- We will be in touch with information on time slots and venue once we have received both your application and resume.
About the Season:
- Rehearsals are generally held weekly from September through May, on Sunday evenings, 7 – 10 p.m. There are occasional Monday and other mid-week rehearsals.
- New Phil is in the final stages of confirming venue and programs for our upcoming season which will include: Brahms 1, Mendelssohn 4, Tchaikovsky 4.
About the New Phil:
The New Philharmonia Orchestra is a non-professional community orchestra, founded in 1995. “Music of, by and for the people” [The Boston Globe] encapsulates the spirit of the organization as they continue to bring a diverse repertoire of classical and light classical music for the enjoyment of audiences of all ages and experiences in the Greater Boston area, while also providing its non-professional players the opportunity to achieve a high level of ensemble performance not otherwise available.